Guests will be collected from their Cape Town based hotel and transfer to Franschhoek to the Wine Tram ticket station.
Franschhoek Wine Tram’s hop-on-hop-off experience is ideal for individuals and small groups who want to enjoy a full or half day wine tasting experience in the Cape Winelands and who wish to travel and explore at their own pace. The hop-on-hop-off experience consists of eight routes and each route consists of a tram journey as well as open-sided bus transport. Passengers follow a time schedule and decide at which estates they want to hop off. Depending on the route they choose and the number of estates they wish to visit, passengers can stay from 30 minutes to 2 hours at an estate. Wine tastings and other optional activities are for the account of the passenger and must be settled at the estate. Franschhoek Wine Tram’s hosts accompany guests on the trams and buses and provide information about each of the wine estates on the route.
Tram Journey (shared) + Bus Journey (shared) + Single Wine Tasting
- Depending on the line they travel on and time they depart, passengers can visit up to 6 wine estates.
- There are eight separate tours to choose from. Please see website for more details: winetram.co.za
- Depart from the Franschhoek Wine Tram ticket office located at Franschhoek Square or the ticket office located at the Groot Drakenstein station (purple and orange line guests only).
- A combination of tram and tram-bus transports passengers around a loop of stops allowing them to hop-off at each stop and experience the activities on offer, be it wine tastings, a cellar tour, lunch or simply a stroll through the vineyards.
- Single wine tasting served during tram journey.
- Host-narrated tour.
- Return to the Franschhoek Village.
Departure Times: Tours depart every 15 minutes from 09:30 until 12:45pm daily.
The tour boards at the Franschhoek Wine Tram ticket office located in the Franschhoek Village Guests are to be at the ticket office at least 15 minutes prior to departure. Various lines are available to choose from:
Services Included | Vehicle & guide services: Return transfers to and from Cape Town city based hotel Entrance fees included: Wine Tram with commentary guided tour on the tram
Meals Included: None
Please note | Guests to bring comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunglasses and sun protection Operates daily except for 24th December, 25th December, 31st December and 1st January.
Rates and additional info available upon request.